There must be some 1990’s angst music describing how I feel right now. I’ve just turned 25 (literally this minute) and I swear I was just 17. There’s something about knowing I’m a day away from being closer to 30 than 20 that makes me want to watch a Saved By The Bell Marathon right now (sigh Zach Morris – you still own my heart…) while drinking Kool-aid.
The Real world…it’s NOT like how MTV shows it. You don’t live in an awesomely cool house with incredibly strange roomates who do awful things to each other ( well, I guess you can … but I sure don’t). I live in an apartment, I work long hours, go to bed at 10pm, and I cook. Yup, I’m officially an old lady.
So I figured it’s time to get silly – woohoo! Let’s melt some chocolate, crush oreos, put it all together and freeze it! The creation – oreo chocolate bark.
I know. I should calm down. I might scare little kids.
This stuff is addictive – I’ve warned you. If you keep this in your house you will keep heading back to nibble on it!
It’s the stuff dreams are made of actually (for real) – and at 25, I guess I can say my dreams have been coming true. Granted, not everything turns out the way we planned, but sometimes planning just gets in the way. I thought I would grow up and provide my sister with medical advice in return for home cooked meals (since I refused to cook). Now, I rather spend all my free time cooking!
Life is funny.
Make this chocolate bark. Have fun with it. Throw whatever stuff you have lying around in it – sprinkles, dried fruit, almonds, crushed cookies … the world is your oyster!
And then squirt lemon juice and tabasco on that oyster and eat it!
Oreo Chocolate Bark
- 6 ounces (180grams) high quality dark or extra dark chocolate, chopped ( I used lindt 85% cacao)
- 12 ounces (360 grams) high quality white chocolate, chopped
- 3 teaspoons white cake mix
- Any toppings you want – I used 2 cups of crushed oreos and a handful of white jimmies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Melt chopped dark chocolate in either the microwave or a double broiler. If using a microwave, place in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 second intervals, stirring each time.
- Pour melted dark chocolate onto parchment paper and spread to desired thickeness. Freeze for 20 minutes to set.
- Melt your white chocolate.
- Whisk cake mix in slowly to the melted white chocolate, stirring until smooth. Let sit for about 3 minutes.
- Add in 2/3 of your chopped oreos, mixing it in well.
- Remove baking pan from freezer and pour white chocolate oreo mixture on top, spreading it out over the dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle remaining oreo and jimmies on top of spread white chocolate.
- Freeze for another 20 minutes.
- Once set, break or cut into pieces and refrigerate.
Hope you enjoy these goodies! I know I did!
Powered by Facebook Comments