Not all 25 year olds feel ancient – some (or probably most) do “hip” things like where sunglasses at night (wasn’t that a song in the 90’s?!?), go to the rocking cool clubs, and be awesome. I am perfectly happy going for a nice dinner and enjoying the company of my family/boyfriend/friends… and then being asleep before SNL starts.
My knees hurt. My hip cracks. I see the lines on my eyes.
Why am I 25 going on 40? ( Ok fine – 75) Is it medical school that has just wiped my will to live wildly or is this the natural progression of aging? I mean, I can be crazy – just look at these rice krispies treats! They have SPRINKLES and CAKE BATTER! I don’t even think things can be more wild than that all up in here.
Well, I suppose I can go out on a weeknight…nah – that’s way too crazy!
Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1/4 cup yellow cake mix (the dry cake mix)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 (1.75 oz.) container of sprinkles
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in (dry) cake mix one spoonful at a time with melted marshmallows so its combined.
- Stir in rice cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow-cake batter mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix.
- Press into a baking dish (any size will do) and top with remaining sprinkles.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting.
- Eat and Enjoy!
Barely adapted from gimmesomeoven originally from howsweeteats
These treats are super fun, and they were enjoyed by family, friends and some medical workers! Anyone can let their wild side shine with these puppies.
Powered by Facebook Comments