The smell of tomato had been wafting through every market/grocery store this past little while. They are beautiful shapes and colors and are screaming to be used. Except if you’re cooking for my boyfriend – he hates tomatoes!
So, it was not a great idea last summer to make a meal in which tomatos played a role in every dish. You know, like brushetta, tomato and buffalo mozarella salad and spaghetti with fresh tomoato sauce. No, that would just be silly.
Isn’t he a lucky guy to have a gal like me?? oops.
So this year, I knew that it would only be fair to eat all the tomatoes by myself. And boy, I was a lucky gal! The sweet tomatoes with the spicy peppers and smooth cheese – all amazing!
Tomato Salad with Mint & Feta
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 to 6 large tomatoes, preferably a mix of red and yellow
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh mint
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk balsamic vinegar with oil, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Stir in onion and jalapeno.
- Thickly slice tomatoes and arrange on a platter. Pour dressing evenly overtop. Let stand 30 min.
- Sprinkle with mint and cheese.
From Chatelaine Magazine
Powered by Facebook Comments